8 Autumn Go-To Shades
It’s that time of year again. Halloween is nearing, the air is feeling a bit more crisp and pumpkin spice has once again taken its rightful reign for the season. It’s autumn.
And along with all the other fun changes comes a shift in the seasonal color scheme as well. Gone are the bright pinks and fun glitter trends of the summer and in come the darker, bolder colors of fall. There’s just something about autumn that makes you want to be a little more daring in your nail color choices.
So, you may be thinking, “What color should I go with?” If so, you’ve come to the right place. While every year may have some new trends that pop up, autumn definitely has some staples.
- Purple - Fall is a great season to play around with different colors, and purple is a good color to start with! From a fun violet nail to a deep, vampy eggplant, you could spend the entire season just playing around with the endless color options of purple.
- Orange – From pumpkin pie to Jack-o-Lanterns to of course, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, orange is a staple for fall. Whether you go with a brighter shade or more of a burnt orange, orange is the perfect color to remind you of the season.
- Maroon/Burgundy - Think romantic date nights with nails that match your favorite glass of wine. Need I say more? I think not.
- Dark Green – A dark shade of green definitely makes a statement and is the perfect color to kick-off your transition into the autumn months.
- Nude – Complementing the deeper, bolder colors of autumn are the more muted, classic nude shades. This is a great route to go if you want to play it a little safer with your color choice. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have options! From the nudes with more of a pink undertone to those the color of your favorite latte, you definitely have plenty of colors to choose from.
- Brown – I know what you may be thinking. Brown on my nails? It may sound strange, but brown can actually be a really fun color for fall. Think about all the things you love that are brown, including my personal favorite, coffee!
- Gray – Gray is another one of those colors that you can really play around with. Whether you go for a light gray accent nail or a full-on set of charcoal nails, gray is one of those colors that can look classy and edgy at the same time!
- Black – Maybe you can’t quite commit to the color palette of fall. And that’s ok! Honestly, you can never truly go wrong with a classic black nail. It has a way of looking chic during any season.